As fiduciaries, Taft-Hartley Trustees must navigate a complex and shifting regulatory landscape. They are under increasing scrutiny to resolve potential conflicts between the Union, Trust and Trustees. In some cases, it requires independent third-party service expertise.
Washington Capital’s Fiduciary Services were developed to assist Trusts with these issues. Because each situation is unique, our program is designed to provide flexible solutions. We rely on our experience as investment managers and our expertise in real estate to help Trusts navigate these multifaceted matters.
- Review strategies for property acquisition, development/ redevelopment and disposition
- Identify and select service providers for development/ redevelopment projects
- Construction oversight for development/redevelopment projects
- Lease Negotiation: Negotiate lease terms between Trust and third-party property owner
- Property Market Value Assessment: Review, analyze and report on broker opinions of value for Trust-owned property
- Lease Market Assessment: Review, analyze and report on broker assessments of leases for Trust-owned and third party-owned properties
- Real Estate Fund Due Diligence: Assess suitability of third-party real estate funds/investments for Trust investment
- Asset Management: Management of existing Trust properties
- Transactional Services: Asset acquisition, development, disposition
- Lease Management: Negotiation and management of leases to avoid related-party transaction conflicts
We welcome inquiries from prospective investors in Washington Capital’s investment strategies and from prospective real estate partners.